For someone who leaves out her natural hair 80% of the time, I totally get that it’s very easy to get bored and nonchalant with your hair. And with a 4c hair like mine, I guarantee you sometimes it can get physical but after deciding to put in work to get the hair I wanted at the least cost to me, it got fun. Here are tips and natural recipes in my haircare routine.
5 haircare Tips
- Cover your hair (preferably a silk scarf) before going to bed
- Keep your hair in twists (flat, two, three.. your choice) when you’re not going anywhere
- Detox your scalp every other month. I’m currently using bentonite hair and scalp mask from SheaByShennel
- Wash hair at least once a month. You can either go to the salon for a professional scrub and pampering or you could have a wash day fun day! (Watch my IG story “Hair” for my wash day routine). P.s it’s also important to get a trim and/or treatment if need be.
- Deep condition your hair at least once a month. If you’d like to try natural recipes keep reading.
- Honey mask
- Coconut oil, Honey and Avocado/ Banana mask
- Coconut oil, Honey and Aloe Vera
Note : Students, @hairytalesbeautyhome has up to 50% discount on all hairstyles. Use the promo code sundiata001